Saturday 18 May 2013 - 00:00:00
*Note* A complete Rule Book will be furnished to each sanctioned team. For clarification of these rules, refer to the official TYBA Rule Book.
The Game: 1 Hour Time Limit for ALL AGES of Coach - Pitch
1. The game will consist of 6 innings, unless it is numerically impossible for the losing team to win or tie, or time expires.
2. There will be no base stealing, walks, called strikes, except when swinging. No Bunts. 3 Strikes & Out will be called.
3. Each batter will receive 6 pitches, unless they swing and miss on the third strike, or let the 6 pitch go by, the OUT will be called.
4. A batter will not be called out on a foul ball even though it is the sixth or subsequent consecutive pitch unless a defensive player catches it.
5. An inning will consist of 3 outs or 10 batters, in Coach - Pitch only.
6. A Legal line-up will consist of 10 players on offense and defense (Note: Your roster can have up to 20 players). 3 & 4 year olds, can play all players on defense.
7. Batting order: Player/Batter cannot change position in the batting order at any time.
10. Every player can play twice.
11. Tenth Batter Rule:
A. Less than two outs - If the defensive team elects to play on the tenth batter, and the tenth batter is put out, the inning will be over. However, all runners that cross the halfway line between home plate and third base before the tenth batter is put out, will score.
B. If the defensive team elects to play on the lead runner, and the lead runner abandons any effort to advance his position, time will be called. The ball will be declared dead, and the inning will be over. However, if the defensive team elects to play on a subsequent runner before time is called, the lead runner may attempt to advance.
C. With two outs, the same rules will apply as with any other batter. D. Tenth Batter Injury Rule: Only on the tenth batter should there be an injured player needing immediate medical attention, the umpire has the discretion of positioning runners or replay the play.
12. Refer to the TYBA Rule Book for Injured Player and Courtesy Player Rule.
13. Pitching Regulations:
A. Coach Pitcher may pitch in any manner - overhand or underhand. He may pitch from any distance along a straight line from the center of the circle to home plate. 10 feet from Home plate. 10' ARC can be used.
14. Dead Ball: The ball will be declared dead by the umpire, and all offensive and defensive play will stop when all runners are stopped and abandon all effort to advance their position.
15. Circle: The only purpose for the circle is to have the player pitcher in his/her defensive position when ball is pitched. The player-pitcher must have one foot inside the circle at the time of the pitch. Catcher has to be in the vicinity of home plate. Player Pitcher can leave circle when Coach - Pitcher releases the ball.
16. Helmets: Every offensive player that is on the field must wear batting helmets for safety reasons. Even Bat Boy / Girl or any minor while on the playing field.
17. Any player touched by a batted ball while in contact with any base is not out. Ball is dead, batter hits again assuming previous count.
18. All base runners must remain in contact with the base until the pitch reaches the center of Home plate.
19. No defensive player may be closer to the batter than the defensive line.
20. No base runner can be touched by a coach while ball is alive. PENALTY: Runner out.